Terms & Conditions
SCHOOL OF GUITAR TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to SchoolofGuitar.com.au (our Site).
This Site gives you an opportunity to browse and purchase products and services offered by School of Guitar (School of Guitar, we, us).
These Terms and Conditions (Terms) govern your use of this Site, as well as School of Guitar products and services, and form a binding contractual agreement between you and us.
All references herein to Student or You refer to any user of this site and our Services. Parents/Legal guardians accept the Policies on behalf of their children.
These Terms are important and you should ensure that you read them carefully and contact School of Guitar at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions before purchasing our products or engaging our services.
These Terms constitute the entire and only agreement between you and us and supersedes all prior agreements, conduct, representation and understandings.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
By accessing, downloading or using the products and services offered on our Site, whether or not you register as a student, you agree to be bound by these Terms, which you acknowledge that you have read and understood.
If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use the website or our services.
CHANGES TO TERMS
We may change all or part of these Terms at any time. If we do, the new terms and conditions will be posted on this Site.
LESSON TERM DATES
Terms are usually 10 weeks long and coincide with the Queensland Primary School calendar. First lessons for the term are usually on the Monday in the first-week school starts and our term ends on the Sunday after school finishes. Please check term dates at the time of registration as they may vary. Term dates will also be posted in the Student Portal.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU CAN’T MAKE A LESSON
Please notify School of Guitar of all absences either by:
- Text message 0470 386 730 ; or
- Via Email email@example.com; or
- Via Live Chat at www.schoolofguitar.com.au
TERM STUDENT MISSED LESSON POLICY
- If we are given less than 48 hrs notice the lesson will not be made-up, credited or transferred. It is forfeited.
- If we are given more than 48 hours’ notice one make-up lesson per term will be granted.
CASUAL STUDENTS MISSED LESSON POLICY
Lessons not attended, canceled on the same day or with less than 24hrs notice are payable and are not made-up, credited or transferred.
- Maximum of one make-up lesson per term per student.
- To qualify for a make-up lesson 48 hours’ notice is required.
- You may book a make-up lesson based on teacher availability.
- The lesson may need to be taken with a different teacher and at a different time/day.
- Make-up lessons expire at the end of the term and cannot be used in the school holidays.
- It is your responsibility to book make-up lessons.
- Refunds and/or credits for unused make-up lessons are not provided.
PUBLIC & SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
- Lessons do not normally run on public holidays.
- If a public holiday falls in the term the fee will be adjusted.
- Term students may book casual lessons during the school holidays at term rates (not casual rates).
TERM TUITION REGISTRATION
- All students booking into term lessons MUST register (online, in-person or over the phone).
- Registration by the due date is required to secure your current time/day/teacher.
- A non-refundable deposit of one months tuition is payable on registration.
- Mid-term enrolments will be taken based on availability and term fees will be adjusted.
Please keep us updated with your correct email as this is the main way we will communicate with you. You will receive information about registration dates/links, changes, dates, special offers, and other important information.
You will receive email reminders about upcoming lessons. access.
BEST WAY TO CONTACT US
Phone: 0470 386 730
Between 9 am to 2:30 pm weekdays
After 3 pm we are teaching and will not be able to answer if with a student.
Note: Calls will go to voicemail between 7 pm and 9 am (please leave a message).
For all non-urgent enquiries (please allow 24hr response time)
SMS: 0470 386 730
Between 9am and 7pm
After 3pm we are teaching and may not respond immediately.
Note: Texts will not be viewed between 7pm and 9am.
PAYMENT OF CASUAL FEES
- Pre-payment for casual lessons are required.
- Regular students may pay by direct deopsit or credit card on the day.
- All accounts must be up-to-date before future lessons will be booked.
PAYMENT OF TERM FEES
- Term music tuition is invoiced per school term and payable in advance, in full, by the due date.
- Alternatively, fees can be paid weekly by direct debit.
- Tuition fees are non-refundable but are transferable to another student.
LATE PAYMENT OF TERM FEES
- The student’s lesson slot will not be secured until full payment is received and the slot may be offered to another student.
- No further lessons will be provided until full payment is received or other arrangements made.
Lesson packs may be used with any teacher and booked in any free slot. Lessons packs expire after 12 weeks from purchase. They are transferable to another student but not refundable.
Gift vouchers may be used with any teacher and booked in any free slot. Gift vouchers expire after 6 months from purchase. They are transferable to another student but not refundable.
NON-PAYMENT OF FEES / WITHDRAWAL FROM LESSONS / REFUNDS
Please let us know if a student is not returning to term lessons by the registration date or as soon as possible so the slot may be offered to other students. It also allows teachers to say goodbye and good luck which is important as we develop a strong relationship over time.
We do not offer refunds. You may, however, transfer your lessons to another person by notifying School of Guitar in writing.
If you choose to withdraw from term lessons after registration but before the start of term you’ll not be liable for the balance of fees but will not receive a refund on the deposit.
Learning an instrument requires great communication between teacher and student. To help us give you the best experience please:
- Have instruments tuned, out of cases/bags and all books ready to start.
- Give your teacher full attention during your lesson.
- Answer questions verbally.
- Be polite.
- Ask questions.
- Let your teacher know if you don’t understand something.
- Tell your teacher what your goals are and if you’d like to learn something in particular.
- Come to lessons with an eager-to-learn attitude.
- Try everything your teacher suggests… even if you think it’s stupid (there is a method to our madness)
- Tell your teacher or Tristan Rogers if you have an issue or concern that you need to be resolved.
EXCLUSION FROM LESSONS
We reserve the right to include or exclude any individual or organisation at our discretion. You may also be excluded from lessons if you are not participating fully in lessons or practising.
The following behaviuor will not be tolerated: rudeness, aggressive speech or acts, sexist or lewd behaviour, violence, disobedience, vandalism and behaviour affected by drugs or alcohol.
- Students are expected to arrive and be collected on time for their lessons.
- If you are late the lesson cannot be extended, discounted or credited as lessons are booked back-to-back with other students.
- Please try not to arrive more than 5 minutes early as it may disrupt other lessons and/or your teacher may not be available.
- Please collect students at the conclusion of their lesson. Late collection without prior arrangements, especially at the end of the night is not acceptable as teachers may have other commitments.
- Students in Primary School are asked to wait inside for collection (not outside). This is so we can make sure they’re safe.
LIABILITY / RESPONSIBILITY
School of Guitar accepts no liability or responsibility for any injury sustained by a student or their equipment that arises from participation in any activity connected with School of Guitar.
We do not accept liability or responsibility for any damages caused to any minors, siblings, friends or relatives or caregivers of the students who attends, visits and/or waits at School of Guitar.
- Please, no messy food or drink in the waiting area.
- Please, take phone calls outside.
- Be aware of other students taking lessons and speak, enter and leave quietly.
- Leave the room tidy.
PEOPLE WATCHING LESSONS
If you’re a parent or caregiver of a young child who is exceptionally nervous, you’re more than welcome to sit in on their lessons. Otherwise, we’d prefer the student have their lessons with only their teacher. We find students concentrate and learn better when afforded privacy.
Parents will be updated on what has taken place during the lesson with emailed lesson notes and are welcome to a “de-brief” at the end of the lesson with practice requirements etc.
Siblings and friends are not allowed to sit in on lessons as it is distracting and tuition payments only cover the registered student.
Again, you’re more than welcome to sit in on lessons if you feel it’s necessary.
- Street parking is available.
- Please observe local parking laws and be respectful of neighbours.
- Be aware of students coming and going from the house when arriving and departing.
You will require a real instrument (not a toy) to practice with at home between lessons. We can source one for you or offer advice as what is best to purchase.
You will be expected to change your strings as required (when they are rusted or frayed). We can do this for you within your lesson time or you can do it yourself. Strings will usually need to be changed every 2 months.
- All lessons are conducted by teachers in their field of expertise.
- All teachers hold a current Working With Children Blue Card.
If your teacher is unable to teach a scheduled lesson or leaves the school, then the student will be taught by a replacement teacher. If a replacement teacher is unavailable then the lesson/s will be made-up or credited towards the following term. Choosing not to have a lesson with a replacement teacher will not generate a credit or make-up lesson.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS / MENTAL CONDITIONS / LEARNING DISABILITIES / DISORDERS
Please make School of Guitar aware at the time of enrolment of any conditions or disorders that may affect how lessons are delivered. Our teachers need to be able to prepare appropriately for student needs such as; ADHD & ADD, Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia etc.
Please notify us in writing of any life-threatening or serious medical condition that a student has (for example allergies, heart problems or diabetes).
It is a requirement that any student with the potential for anaphylaxis be accompanied to their lessons by a parent or caregiver who is capable of managing the situation if it arises.
Where it is impractical to communicate with the parent/guardian of a child student or next-of-kin of an adult student, the parent/guardian or adult student authorises the staff of School of Guitar to organise whatever medical treatment as may be deemed necessary for the student.
ONLINE CONTENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
- When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
- If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
- The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However, no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
- NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defence of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland Australia , without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Brisbane, Queensland Australia. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforce-ability of any remaining provisions.
Last Updated: Oct 2018